Cohoes Traffic Commission Meeting
Monday, November 21, 2022 at 3:00 PM
Common Council Chambers of Cohoes City Hall.
The items to be considered are as follows:
1. Consider the approval of the minutes for the October 17, 2022 Traffic Commission meeting.
2. Consider approval to close Remsen Street, between Columbia Street and Seneca Street for the first Santa Sprint on December 10, 2022 from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Requested by Jonathan Hernandez of RISEmpowerment.
3. Consider making Mohawk Street, between Howard and Columbia Streets, one-way, eliminating the no parking prohibition on the east side and creating diagonal parking. Requested by Peter Schoonmaker, Meghan Ruff, Morgan Ruff and Rosalie Carusone.
4. Consider the installation of All Way signs at the Johnston Avenue and Masten Avenue intersection. (Attachment A”) Requested by Chairman Johnston.
5. Consider approval to close Seneca Street, Remsen Street, between Ontario and Cayuga Streets, and no parking on Mohawk Street in front of Silliman Park on November 26, 2022 from 4 PM to 7 PM for the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony. Requested by Kathleen LaBombard of the Mayor’s Office
6. Consider approval to close Seneca Street from Remsen Street to Mohawk Street, Remsen Street from White Street to Cayuga Street, Mohawk Street, from White Street to New Courtland Street and Ontario Street from Congress Street to Canvass Street on November 24, 2022 between the hours of 7 AM to 12:30 PM for the annual Turkey Trot race. Requested by Ed Krajewski of the City’s Recreation Department.
7. Consider the installation of a Residential Handicap Parking sign at 93 Hudson Avenue. Sign is requested to be located on Park Avenue. (Attachment “B”). Requested by Irene Giammattei.
8. Consider the installation of a Residential Handicap Parking sign at 9 Willow Street (Attachment “C”). Requested by Michelle Ryan.
9. Consider making Broadway one-way between Ontario Street and Younglove Avenue. Requested by Jason Macchi of 75 Broadway.
10. Consider making Imperial Avenue one-way between Ontario Street and Younglove Avenue. Requested by Lieutenant John Shanahan and Keith Lettrick. (Attachment “D”)
11. Consider approval of the tentative dates for the 2023 Traffic Commission meetings. Requested by Chairman Johnston.
1. Discussion regarding re-installing No Parking signs on Saratoga Street between Main Street and Mohawk Street. (Attachment “E”) Requested by Chairman Johnston.