Traffic Commission Meeting
Please be advised that the next meeting of the Cohoes Traffic Commission will be held on Monday, October 23, 2023 at 3:00 PM in the Common Council Chambers of Cohoes City Hall. The items to be considered are as follows:
1. Consider the approval of the minutes of the August 28, 2023 Traffic Commission meeting.
2. Consider the approval of the minutes of the September 25, 2023 Traffic Commission meeting.
3. Consider approval of the sign and striping plans for the White Street reconstruction project. Request submitted by Chazen Engineering.
4. Consider the installation of a Stop Bar on Central Avenue. Request submitted by Rob Wattsman.
5. Consider approval of the signage plans and for making Laura Drive one-way south for the Laura Drive apartment complex project. Request submitted by Fred Sharifipour.
6. Consider the approval to close Remsen Street from Columbia Street to Cayuga Street for Small Business Saturday sponsored by the City of Cohoes and the CLDC on Saturday, November 25, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Side Streets will remain open to traffic. Request submitted by Steve Napier.
7. Consider the approval to close Seneca Street on November 25, 2022 from 4 PM to 7 PM for the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony. Request submitted by Kathleen LaBombard of the Mayor’s Office.
8. Consider the approval to close Seneca Street from Remsen Street to Mohawk Street, Remsen Street from Columbia Street to Cayuga Street, Mohawk Street, from Columbia Street to New Courtland Street and Ontario Street from Congress Street to Van Rensselaer Street on November 23, 2023 between the hours of 7 AM to 12:30 PM for the annual Turkey Trot race. Request submitted by Kathleen LaBombard of the Mayor’s Office.
1. Consider the installation of a Residential Handicap Parking sign at 120 Lancaster Street (Attachment “A”). Request submitted by Dawn Gamache.