Planning Board Meeting
To Be Held on the 2nd Floor Common Council Chambers
97 Mohawk Street, Cohoes, NY
Monday October 3rd, 2022 at 6:30 pm
a. Consideration of the September 12th, 2022 Meeting Minutes
- 159 Remsen Street Applicant and Presenter: Glory-Anne Jones. The applicant is applying for a Change of Use/New Tenant Application for a new business “Chocolate is Self-Care” which will sell loose-leaf tea and boba tea (iced tea with tapioca pearls). The applicant proposes that the shop also will hold events such as tea blending classes, collaborative art events, yoga, cookie decorating, and flower arranging classes and events. The business will vary their hours and number of employees seasonally. This property is in the MU-NC zoning district.
- 20 White Street Applicant and Presenter: Shoniqua Parker. The applicant is seeking to open an office/showroom for their party planning business “Great Vibes LLC”. The space will house the applicant’s for-rent party materials and serve as a place for meetings with clients. The showroom will operate from 9 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday and by appointment, as necessary. This property is in the MU-NC zoning district.
- 640 Saratoga Street Applicant and Presenter: Faisal Shehzad. The applicant is applying for a Site Plan application. They are returning to the Board following Corporation Counsel’s determination of the correct use categorization for the business. The applicant seeks to construct a one-story garage with three service bays to operate an auto repair business called “Faisal’s Auto Service” at 640 Saratoga Street. The applicant is proposing “light” auto repair consisting of oil changes, tire replacement and repair, brake system, auto exhaust, air conditioning, etc. No body or paint work is proposed. Hours of operation would be 8AM-6PM, Monday through Friday, 8AM-1PM Saturday, and closed on Sunday. This property is in the I-1 zoning district.
- 155 Vliet Boulevard Applicant and Presenter: Nicholas Vamvas on behalf of City of Cohoes. The applicant has submitted a Site Plan Application for a 3.2 MWdc floating solar array on the Cohoes municipal reservoir located at 155 Vliet.
- DISCUSSION ITEM: 89 St Agnes Highway Applicant and Presenter: Aaron Tomczak on behalf of CDP Lexington II LLC The applicant proposes to take the existing 44.681 +/- acre lot and divide it into two lots. The applicant states that the subdivision requested is necessary for financing purposes in the addition of 138 units to the luxury apartment complex The Residences at Lexington Hills. This property is in the PDD Planned Development District.
This meeting will be held on the 2nd floor Common Council Chambers of City Hall, 97 Mohawk Street.
You can send comments ahead of the meeting via email to email@example.com or in writing directly to Planning Department Attn.; Joseph Seman-Graves
97 Mohawk St. Cohoes, NY 12047.
Comments should be received no later than Monday October 3rd, 2022 at 4pm.
Please feel free to contact the Planning Office at (518) 233-2130.
You can learn more about the proposed projects in this meeting by visiting the Agenda Center on the City’s website.